Last updated February 13, 2020
Welcome to CompanyCam (“Company” “we” or “us”). We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website;
- Through the Application;
- In e‑mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Website;
- In e‑mail, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Application;
- Through related mobile and desktop applications you download from the Website, which may provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website.
It DOES NOT apply to:
- information collected by us offline or through any other means, including other websites you may access through the Application; or
- information that you provide to or that is collected by any third party, including advertising, that may link to or be accessible from the Website or Application.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information through the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not: use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, including the Application; register on the Services; make any purchases through the Services; use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Services; or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e‑mail address or any screen name or user name you may use, or any other “Personally Identifying Information” (“PII”). If we learn we have collected or received PII from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e‑mail address, telephone number, any other PII by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as usage data;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details;
- about your Mobile Device, including persistent identifiers; and/or
- Location Data, as defined in the CompanyCam End User License Agreement.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or Application. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, uploading User Content or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e‑mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services. For example, you may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services.
- Your search queries on the Services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Content”). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may share your User Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type;
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
When you download, access and use the Application, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Application, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Application, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Application.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your Mobile Device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Application also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location Information. The Application collects real-time information about the location of your device, as described in the End User License Agreement.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website, the Application and our e‑mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e‑mail and for other related website and application statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
If you do not want us to collect this information do not visit the Website, download the Application or otherwise access the Services and immediately delete the Application from your device.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, click here.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any PII:
- To provide you with the Services, features and content, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To notify you when Application updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features available on our Services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Application according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Services.
We use location information we collect to connect User Content to a real world location and/or address. In order to provide this service, Company relies upon location information, and may transmit, collect, maintain, process and use your “Location Data,” including the real-time geographic location of your Mobile Device, location search queries and address entries. Location Data may be used by Company and its affiliates to provide and improve the Application, among other location-based products and services.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your PII for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep PII confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of CompanyCam’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which PII held by us about our Application and Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your PII:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Location Data. You can choose whether or not to allow the Application to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. However, if you block the use of location information, some parts of the Application may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and other similar data privacy legal regimes, you are entitled to see any information we have about you that can be used to identify you personally (“Personal Information”) at any time. You are also entitled to request us to delete your Personal Information from our system in full. We are not able to delete your Personal Information that has been aggregated with other information relating to Registered Users, but in that form it cannot be used to identify your personally any longer. This section lays out how to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
You can review and change your PII by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may be required to delete your user account in order to delete your Personal Information. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you are the subject of User Content (such as the subject of a photograph uploaded during the course of a project), you are entitled to a full removal of such User Content from our system. Please contact us at the email address listed above to exercise this right. We only collect data that is provided to us by a Registered User, so you may wish to contact the relevant Account Owner for full deletion of any User Content about you that resides outside of our Services. We cannot be responsible for the presence of your Personal Information outside of our Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your PII transmitted through our Services. Any transmission of PII is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
Start taking smart photos today.
Get up and running in less than 3 minutes.
Free 14-day trial • No credit card required • Cancel at any time